Friday, October 20, 2006

Taking a Breather

So what ever happened to UXCentric the Blog? UXCentric, Inc., that's what! It has been a very busy year.

I just completed IA work for a redesign of a venerable site of several hundred pages. The timeline was aggressive, the need great, the hours long, the team and results outstanding. It's definitely a project for the "keeper" file.

It also meant a daily two-plus hour commute on a notorious LA freeway. Thanks to NPR, I'm fully informed on news of the world, but the drive severely cut into blogging time. I've got a couple of weeks off before a likely return to the next phase of the project, so I'll try to get some long-delayed posts online.

Meanwhile, I'm delighted to announce that I've contributed a chapter to the forthcoming Effective Prototyping for Software Makers (Morgan Kaufmann, due December 15) and that it's available for pre-order at Amazon. Primary authors Jonathan Arnowitz, Michael Arent and Nevin Berger have produced a definitive volume, one that Donald Norman calls "the essential guide to software prototyping." My chapter explains how to use Adobe Acrobat to quickly produce interactive low or high-fidelity prototypes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home