Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Assessing Your Blogging Ethics

One of the tenets of UXCentricity is integrity—being completely straightforward in all interactions with end-users. Since it covers so much of what we do as individuals and companies in the public and private spheres, integrity may be one of the biggest challenges of UXCentricity. It's certainly something I'd like to explore in future posts.

Since this blog is all about UXCentricity, I strive to maintain integrity in what appears here. I do my best to ensure that information is accurate, that I clearly differentiate my factual and opining voices and that I respect the value and viewpoints of readers. And I just participated in a survey that helped me assess how well I'm doing.

As part of their honors thesis, Andy Koh and a number of undergrad classmates at the School of Communications and Information, Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) are conducting a survey on blogging and ethics. It took me about 15 minutes to complete.

What I found most valuable was the light it shed on my own practices here at UXCentric and the way it helped me assess my blogging ethics. If you're a blogger, I think you'll enjoy the exercise. You can start right here. Results will be posted at the Singapore Internet Research Centre (which looks pretty interesting itself).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home